Kildare Presentation Fundraiser
The Presentation Sisters first arrived in Kildare in 1830. They set up their school immediately, which expanded to become an important part of the community. Eventually, the senior school merged in 2011 to form Kildare Town Community School, while the primary one linked up with the De La Salle primary school in 2013, to form ST Brigidâs Primary School.
Since 1830, the Presentation Sisters have provided generations of local boys and girls with an education when no other entity could or would step up to the mark. The sisters were our educators but they were also to the forefront in providing much needed charitable assistance to the poor in the community.
Now that the last Presentation sister has left Kildare, our aim is to create an appropriate memorial to the commitment of the nuns to the town and its people over almost 200 years. To do this we need your help. A committee has been formed to decide how best to celebrate locally the Presentation legacy. We need funds to allow this to happen.